Full Day Trips
Zip n’ Slip Mondays and Thursdays
Check out our half-mile gravity zip-line at 8K Ranch. Our zip-line is sure to get the heart racing as campers will soar past sleepaway bunk areas, over two valleys, and through an Aspen forest before coming to a gentle stop. Then hop on the second one to soar right back over the valleys and enjoy the jaw-dropping views. This full-day adventure is sure to be the best day for any and all campers.
Horseback Riding Tuesdays
Travel through the Rocky Mountains on the back of a majestic animal. Campers will get to do a 2-hour horseback trail riding session and learn how to care for horses (i.e brush, feed). Our horseback riding outfitters are located above Ruedi Reservoir high in the rocky mountains.
Rafting Wednesdays & Fridays
Come raft the Colorado River with us! Campers will be taught to navigate different levels of whitewater with experienced Blue Sky Outfitters raft guides. Campers will get the chance to jump in the river, ride on the stern of the raft, and get soaked in the rapids. We put in at Shoshone rapids unless the water flows are too high and then we put in below Shoshone rapids. The maximum size rapid is class III.
Important Notes for Daily Logistics:
- For campers ages 7 & up
- lunch NOT provided
- These full-day activities last the entire camp day, with same pick-up and drop-off timing and locations as a typical camp day
- Typically, involve a longer than normal drive to activity, an hour, or more one-way
Helpful Notes for Signing-up:
- This is an optional full-day trip activity that can be added to your enrollment.
- Spots are first come first serve only and require a reservation
- The purchase of this add-on will create a reservation for that day, if you already have a reservation created for that day it will double your reservation
- If the camp day is full, you can only purchase the full day if you ALREADY have a reservation for that day – must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added
- Must be accompanied by a punch pass*
*For example: If you want 2 campers to go zip lining you must have 2 punch passes.